Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Forget 500 Homers -- This Is Better

Moments ago, Manny Ramirez made a spectacular over-the-shoulder catch to rob the Orioles of a two-run extra-base hit, climbed the outfield wall and high-fived a Red Sox fan, and threw the ball into the infield to complete a double play. In that order. Let me repeat: he high-fived a fan in the middle of making a double play. That is so incredibly awesomely cool.

UPDATE:

"That's how you get your All-Star vote," Manny said. "I'm pretty sure that guy is going to vote for me. You get your votes one at a time. It's something that came out. I went hard into the wall and I decided not to try to stop before the wall. It was fun. I loved it."

Said center fielder Jonathan Van Every: "I don't think that's ever happened before, and I don't think it will ever happen again."

1 comment:

Blackadder said...

Manny does realize he is going to be booed at this year's all-star game, right>