Friday, September 19, 2008

A Schilling divided against itself has no problem standing, eating, talking

Curt Schilling courageously speaks out on Curt Schilling: "The thing about it for me, is, I haven't thrown a freakin' pitch all year, I've been the biggest waste of space, I've been robbing payroll for the entire season, no one feels worse about not contributing than me."

If you're so wracked by guilt, Curt, I'm pretty sure the Red Sox would accept a refund of the $8 million they paid you this year. Action, Curt. Not just words. Try it, just to screw with the natural order of things.

2 comments:

Blackadder said...

I don't know why, but while Curt Schilling annoys the hell out of me, I have always liked Sheffield's schtick, even before he became a Yankee:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/gameflash/2008/09/19/20346_recap.html

Jack Klompus said...

Unlike Schilling, Sheff seems not to be trying to satisfy his massive ego by talking. He's just saying what's on his mind, which happens to be demented.